I write for a number of reasons:
- Solidify the things I am learning.
- Force myself to look at things more closely / question the knowledge I am gaining.
- Create a historical record of what I am learning.
- Share information I've gathered with others in an attempt to create community through learning tech.
If this sounds interesting to you I hope you'll continue reading my posts/chapters as I attempt to create an Engineer's Notebook of sorts.
It will be a type of “engineer’s notebook” focusing on the three languages from the standpoint of the practicing developer who needs to learn the foundational parts of the languages that she will use most often. This book will not cover every topic in complete detail. Instead it will serve as a place to start for many topics while other more interesting topics (author’s opinion) will be covered more thoroughly.
I think you should learn all three of these languages because:
- they are all related and
- they are surging in use and popularity.
For example, TypeScript and jQuery are used in AngularJS. jQuery is used in Bootstrap and too many other places to count.
- Understand what is really going on inside jQuery and TypeScript :
What Will This Book Cover
- Browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla FireFox, OSF Opera, Apple Safari) That’s right, I didn’t even mention Internet Explorer.
- Text Editors (Possible choices - Notepad++ or Atom) I’m ignoring many possibilities here like
- Installing / Referencing jQuery (CDN)
- jQuery selectors
- TypeScript Compiler (Installation and Running)
What You Need
A computer running one (or more) of the following browsers:
- Mozilla FireFox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
- Opera Software Opera
- Text Editor
I’ve examined a couple of text editors and I’ll talk a bit more about this in the next chapter. I also tried the Visual Studio Code editor and wasn’t really impressed. I’d rather just use the Atom editor because it is a bit more intuitive to use. Much of my work will be done in Notepad++.
If you already have a favorite text editor you can use it with no problem.
What Do You Need To Know To Use This Book?
You don’t have to have previous programming experience to use this book, but it will help.
What Will This Book Do For You?